In the morning, we are able to offer 16 routine appointments per clinician (either minor illness nurse or doctor) on a first come, first served basis.
In the afternoons consultations are by booked appointment. These appointments may be booked in advance. We also offer a few on the day appointments which are released for booking at 1 pm. At the end of afternoon surgery two-minute emergency only appointments are available. Please attend these emergency sessions only if absolutely necessary.
Please attend the surgery where your notes are held.
Late Monday evening surgery is also available – please see opening times.
Minor Illness Nurses
Our Minor Illness Nurses have undergone training to undertake consultation for children and adults with minor illnesses. They are able to help with the following conditions.
Stomach and Digestive Problems
- Constipation, Diarrhoea, Indigestion, Threadworms, Vomiting, Piles/haemorrhoids, Abdominal pain
- Coughs and colds, Flu, Fever, Hayfever, Nosebleeds, Sore throats, Sinusitis, Breating problems
- Bleeding between periods, Emergency contraception, Mastitis, Missed pill, Period pains, Vaginal discharge
- Bites, Stings, Sunburn, Sports Injuries, Sprains and strains, Cuts and lacerations
- Backache and neckache, Dental pain, Earache, Headache, Joint pain
- Skin infections and funal infections, Ingrowing toe nails, Rashes, Eczema, Impetigo, Athletes foot, Nappy rash, Warts and verrucae
- Conjunctivitis, skin conditons and moles, Dizziness and vertigo, Eye problems, Fungal infections, Glandular fever, Urinary tract infections, Cystitis
Please contact the surgery to make an appointment with the Practice Nurse. The Practice Nurses are able to offer the following healthcare clinics
- Dressings/Wound care
- Stitch removal
- Ear syringing
- Travel advice
- Minor injury
- Cervical smears
- Diabetes checks
- Asthma and COPD checks
- New registration medical
- Heart Save monitoring
- Stroke monitoring
- Well Man/Woman screening
- Smoking Cessation Advice
- Weight Management
They also assist the doctors in minor surgery and are available to offer professional advice.